If the cold weather is keeping you indoors today, why not try give this recipe for oat chocolate chip cookies a go! All you’ll need is a small handful of ingredients and about thirty minutes to spare to bring these cookies to life. If you can hold yourself back from eating to whole batch in one day (like I did hah), these cookies make one of the best toppings for oatmeal or banana ice-cream! Keep on reading to find out how you can make these refined sugar/oil-free goodies at home!
Yields approx. 12 cookies
- 1.5 cups oat flour (2 cups rolled oats blended)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2-3/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 ripe bananas (blended)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Blend 2 cups of rolled oats until a fine flour forms.
- For the dry ingredients, combine the oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, spices, chocolate chips, and coconut sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- For the wet ingredients, blend the bananas until they liquify. Place the blended bananas into a large bowl and mix with the remaining wet ingredients: maple syrup and apple sauce.
- Slowly incorporate and whisk together the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- To create the cookies, roll about a palm full of the mixture in your hands into a ball and press the cookies onto the lined baking trays.
- Repeat step 6 until all of the cookies are made and pressed onto the pans.
- Bake the cookies for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Allow the cookie to cool slightly before removing them from the pan.