It’s a pretty lovely thing to see that December has been kind and mild. The “warm” weather doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a big bowl of comfort in the morning. Banana nice-cream is definitely nice, but this time of the year makes us appreciate all things warm that much more! Here’s the recipe for this nutritionally packed raspberry oatmeal, topped with a chocolate K’s NRG bar among a bunch of other tasty things!
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup frozen/fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp wheat germ (skip this step if you have a wheat sensitivity)
- 1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cubed chocolate K’s NRG bar
- To cook the oats, bring 2 cups of hot water to a bowl. Stir in the cup of rolled oats and cook with the top of the saucepan off on low heat for about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Take the cooked oats off of the heat. Stir in the wheat germ and allow the oats to sit with the top of the saucepan on for about 5 minutes.
- Place the cooked oats in a serving bowl and place your toppings as you would like.