Don’t let the fact that spirulina is a type of blue-algea scare you. This is one superfood that you will most definitely want to be hanging around in your kitchen cupboards! It’s high in protein and calcium and is a great source of antioxidants, B-vitamins, and a number of other essential nutrients.
Now now, you don’t have to consume spirulina as is. The green, protein packed powder can be added very easily to smoothies, nice-cream bowls, sauces…you name it! This is a recipe where we did just that.
Yields 1 serving
- 4-5 frozen bananas
- 2-3 tbsp spirulina powder
- 1/4 cup chopped raw almonds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 original K’s NRG bar
- In a high-speed blender, blend the frozen bananas and spirulina powder until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the nice-cream into a bowl.
- Dice the K’s NRG bar into small squares. Top the nice-cream with the bar bites and the remaining toppings.
- Enjoy your protein packed treat!