For those who are hesitant to give up the dairy because of creamy sweet treats like cheesecake, I have something that may have you kicking the lactose to the curb. Let me introduce to you the star of the show and you’re new plant-based BFF, raw cashews. This beauty is no-bake, quick and easy to prepare, and full of wholesome ingredients. Keep reading to see how you can recreate the magic at home!
Yields one 8 inch round cake
- 3 Cherry K’s NRG Bars (soaked)*
- 1.5 cups dates (soaked)*
- 3 cups raw cashews (soaked)*
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1-1.5 cups fresh/frozen cherries
- Pulse the soaked dates and bars in a blender or food processor until the mixture is malleable and combined.
- Line the base of a 8 inch round springform pan with parchment paper. Press the date and bars mixture until the base is levelled in the bottom of the pan.
- Blend the raw cashews, light coconut milk, and maple syrup in a high speed blender until the filling is smooth. Pour half of that filling overtop of the date/bar base.
- Place the cake in the freezer for about 30 minutes to set while you work on the cherry layer.
- Blend what remains of the filling with cherries for the final layer. Once the half complete cake has been sitting in the freezer for a little bit and is set, pour the cherry layer overtop of the first layer.
- Allow cake to freeze for an hour before serving.
*Note: Soak the dates, bars, and cashews for a minimum of four hours or overnight in warm water.