Might as well make good use of this incredible super fruit while it’s in season! Pomegranates are loaded with essential nutrients, rich in vitamins and minerals, and are a great source of antioxidants. They also have nearly 5 grams of protein per fruit. Who knew! It’s always a sweet idea to keep a couple of these beauties on hand for mixing into smoothies, incorporating into healthy baked goods, or just enjoying them as they are! Here we’ve added some vanilla Vega Sport protein to the mix for an extra punch of power to help you tackle the day. Keep reading to find out how you can make this quickly in your own kitchen!
Yields 1 Serving
- 2-3 frozen bananas
- Seeds of half a pomegranate (frozen is recommended)
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Vega Sport Protein Powder
- Toppings: 1/2-1 K’s NRG bar cut into cubes (your choice of flavour), shredded unsweetened coconut, pomegranate seeds, raw walnut pieces
- Note: If you’re feeling a raw chocolate sauce for this one simply mix together 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted), 2-3 tbsp raw cacao powder, and 2 tbsp of maple syrup/agave
- Blend the bananas and pomegranate seeds together until smooth. Add in the protein powder and blend once more.
- Add your toppings!