We’ve been sifting through some of our favourite healthy and plant-based recipes on the web, but this one stands out amongst the rest! Gingerbread cookies that are not only no-bake, but they’re also shaped like little ninjas! This recipe won over our hearts big time and we couldn’t help but share it with the rest of y’all! This post was originally posted by the ladies over at vegangirlfriend.com!
Post by Alexandra Courts
The holidays are approaching, so we’ve come up with a recipe for a no-bake version of a very classic treat. Say hello to these cute and fiesty little gingerbread men… shaped like ninjas, because why not? All you’ll need to recreate this festive goodie is a handful of ingredients and a dehydrator. Keep on reading for the lowdown!
- 1 package Fred & Friends Ninjabread Men Cookie Cutters (or standard gingerbread man-shaped cookie cutter)
- 1 dehydrator
- 1.5 cups dates (pitted and soaked overnight)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 0.5 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp ginger
- Blend dates until a paste-like texture is formed. Set aside in small bowl while you complete next step.
- Blend raw almonds, rolled oats , flax and spices until a fine, ground texture has been reached. Combine with dates by folding “dough” repeatedly with hands.
- Roll out the combined mixture with rolling pin between two pieces of parchment paper. Ensure that “dough”is at least of 1/2 inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutter to shape your cookies. Repeat the rolling process until all is used.
- Place the cookies in a dehydrator at 150 F for 2 hours.
- Enjoy! Yields 10-12 cookies.