What’s all the hype around açaí you ask? Every where you look there seems to be açaí this, açaí that. From smoothies, to bowls, to sorbet popsicles, to powders that you can put in your morning shake, there’s a way to enjoy açaí in nearly every way. So what’s the story behind this super healthy berry? First and foremost, it is an antioxidant rich fruit that has been known for centuries for its ability to heal, boost the immune system, and provide sustainable energy to the body. It may even be able to fight off health problems commonly linked to oxidative damage! If you continue to do your research you’ll find that the açaí berry promotes healthy skin, a healthy heart, can help in managing weight, aids digestion, and has shown signs of being anti-aging. With that said, do you want to know how you can get more açaí into your life? Keep reading to see how you can recreate one of our favourite acai bowl recipes at home!
- 1 banana
- 1 frozen açaí package
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Toppings: 1/2 an original K’s bar, berries, shredded unsweetened coconut, and raw homemade chocolate (1/4 cup raw cacao powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup agave; freeze on plastic wrap and break off chunks)
- Run the package of frozen açaí under warm water for a couple of seconds.
- Blend the banana, açaí, berries, almond butter, and hemp seeds until the mixture is smoothe.
- Add the mixture into a serving bowl and place your toppings.